We are pleased to announe that RT Smith has volunteered to act as judge for the First Annual Hemingway Flash Fiction Award. R. T. Smith is Writer-in-residence at Washington and Lee University, where he edits Shenandoah. His most recent collection is Outlaw Style (Arkansas, 2007). He has twice received the Library of Virginia Poetry Book of the Year Award and is the recipient of fellowships from the NEA, the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the Alabama State Arts Council. Smith was raised in Georgia and North Carolina but taught in Alabama for nineteen years before moving to Virginia in 1995. His work has appeared inBest American Poetry, Best American Short Stories, three editions of The Pushcart Prize and five volumes of New Stories from the South. In 2011 Stephen F. Austin University Press will publish his fourth collection of short stories, Sherburne.
Click here to learn more abut the Hemingway Flash FIction Award.
- Hell’s Belles Short Fiction Prize - October 31, 2016
- 1st Annual Hell’s Belles Short Fiction Prize - April 11, 2016
- Huffington Post Reviews Far Beyond the Pale by Daren Dean - August 18, 2015
- Praise for Flash Fiction International - May 20, 2015
- Results for the 2015 Fiction Southeast Editors’ Prize - May 14, 2015
- Flash Fiction International Released - April 22, 2015
- Help Support Fiction Southeast Press! - January 5, 2015
- 2015 Fiction Southeast Editors’ Prize - January 1, 2015
- Results from the Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize - December 8, 2014
- Reading Lists: Editors’ Picks (Flash Fiction Collections) - August 17, 2014
- The Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize - August 12, 2014
- RT Smith to Judge Hemingway Flash Fiction Award - August 10, 2014
- Now Accepting Submissions - July 10, 2013