We are now accepting submissions. Please see guidelines below:
The editors of Fiction Southeast are interested in flash fiction (fiction of approximately 1000 words or less), particularly from writers born and raised in the south. However, while we are interested in fiction that depicts a variety of southern traditions and landscapes, we DO NOT wish to limit the journal to only southern writers. Writers from other parts of the country are encouraged to submit their work. Though we hope for creative and innovative writing, we don't prefer one particular style or genre of writing. The only criterion we look for is quality.
Fiction is published weekly. To submit your work, please use our Online Submission Form. We also accept reviews of short story collections (preferably collections of short-shorts). Authors retain all rights and copyright to their works. Fiction Southeast requests one-time, non-exclusive rights to publish your work. Like many journals, Fiction Southeast maintains a mailing list to ensure that readers and contributors are notified when new issues are published. To join our mailing list, click here.
- Hell’s Belles Short Fiction Prize - October 31, 2016
- 1st Annual Hell’s Belles Short Fiction Prize - April 11, 2016
- Huffington Post Reviews Far Beyond the Pale by Daren Dean - August 18, 2015
- Praise for Flash Fiction International - May 20, 2015
- Results for the 2015 Fiction Southeast Editors’ Prize - May 14, 2015
- Flash Fiction International Released - April 22, 2015
- Help Support Fiction Southeast Press! - January 5, 2015
- 2015 Fiction Southeast Editors’ Prize - January 1, 2015
- Results from the Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize - December 8, 2014
- Reading Lists: Editors’ Picks (Flash Fiction Collections) - August 17, 2014
- The Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize - August 12, 2014
- RT Smith to Judge Hemingway Flash Fiction Award - August 10, 2014
- Now Accepting Submissions - July 10, 2013