Join Our Staff
Fiction Southeast depends heavily on the support of volunteers and college interns. We offer internships during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. All internships are volunteer positions that require 5-10 online hours per week. Interns receive credit in the magazine’s masthead and experiences that will be vital to them in the workplace.
Responsibilities and duties include the following:
- screening and proofreading stories/articles slated for publication.
- voting on submissions for acceptance/rejection.
- perform fact-checking and research tasks; copyedit and review accepted submissions.
- updating and writing content for social media accounts.
- developing features for the magazine
- assisting in promotional campaigns
- developing/designing newsletters and flyers
- staffing the FSE table at local or national conferences
Applicants interested in applying for an internship should send a cover letter and résumé to Chris Tusa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Internships: Applications due June 15
Spring Internships: Applications due Oct 15
Summer Internship: Applications due March 15th
Fiction Southeast is always looking for contributing writers. Individuals interested in writing for us should send a cover letter and résumé to Chris Tusa at email@example.com